On Tuesday, Feb. 5, Central Michigan lost at home against Akron 68-56 in conference play. Kyle Randall picked up his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Chippewas, scoring a game-high 22 points (3 Reb 3 Ast) in 38 minutes. Blake Hibbitts had nine points and added three rebounds. For the Zips, Alex Abreu finished with a team-high 15 points on 55.6 percent shooting. The Chippewas are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for Central Michigan (9-13, 2-7 MAC) is Kent State (12-10, 3-5 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 9 on the road.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- The last time CMU started the season 9-13 was 1998.
- CMU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Chippewas have beaten the spread.
- Central Michigan has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Central Michigan has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Central Michigan has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.0 percent or better this season, Central Michigan has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- CMU set a season low for free throws made (seven).
- Central Michigan has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has three straight 20+ point games.
Akron Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Abreu has led the team in scoring four times in 22 games this season.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in rebounding nine times in 22 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has six straight double-digit point games.