Central Michigan 56
(9-13, 1-8 away)
(18-4, 12-0 home)
Venue: James A. Rhodes Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||K Randall 22
||C Fowler 4
||J Simons 3
||A Abreu 15
||Z Marshall 9
||A Abreu 7
On Tuesday, Feb. 5, Akron came out on top against Central Michigan 68-56 in conference play. The Zips were led by Alex Abreu, who put up a team-high 15 points on 55.6 percent shooting in 36 minutes. Demetrius Treadwell had 12 points and added five rebounds. Kyle Randall got his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Chippewas, scoring a game-high 22 points (3 Reb 3 Ast) in 38 minutes. Kyle Randall finished with a game-high 22 points and three rebounds for the Chippewas. Akron (18-4, 9-0 MAC) gets Miami (OH) (8-12, 3-5 MAC) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 9.
Akron Game Notes
- The last time Akron started the season 18-4 was 2006.
- The win over Central Michigan extended the Akron winning streak to 14 games.
- Akron has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- The Zips have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 10 or more three-pointers.
- Akron has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Demetrius Treadwell has 12 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Zeke Marshall plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Alex Abreu has five field goals made or more.
- The Zips have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- Akron has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Akron has a 17.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Abreu has led the team in scoring in four out of 22 games this season.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 22 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has six straight double-digit point games.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- This loss extended the Chippewas losing streak to five games.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 17 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has three straight 20+ point games.
|C+||D. Richardson Jr.||17||1||2||3||1||0||1|