Youngstown State 60
(13-10, 6-7 away)
Cleveland State 66
(12-12, 10-2 home)
Venue: CSU Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||B Hain 15
||B Allen 7
||K Perry 4
||D Long 23
||M Mason 7
||J Lomomba 3
Cleveland State squared off with Youngstown State on Tuesday, February 5th and topped the Penguins 66-60 in Horizon action. With the win, the Vikings go to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Vikings were led by Devon Long, who put up a career-high 23 points plus five rebounds. Junior Lomomba also had a good outing, scoring 10 points and adding six rebounds. Bobby Hain got a team-high 15 points and three rebounds for the Penguins. Next up for Cleveland State (12-12, 4-6 Horizon) is Valparaiso (17-6, 7-2 Horizon) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- Cleveland State started 12-12 during the 2009 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- CSU beat the spread by 8 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Vikings have beaten the spread.
- The Vikings have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 66 or more total points.
- Cleveland State has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.1% or better.
- CSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Cleveland State has won 71% of the time (10-4) when Charlie Lee has 10 points or more and 86% of the time (6-1) when Sebastian Douglas plays 33 minutes or more.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--CSU has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devon Long recorded a team season high in points with 23.
- Devon Long accounted for 34.8% of the team's points.
- Marlin Mason has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- Charlie Lee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Devon Long's career.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Bobby Hain and Blake Allen) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Blake Allen and Kendrick Perry) accounted for 48.0% of the rebounds.
- Bobby Hain has led the team in scoring 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Blake Allen has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Kamren Belin has 6 straight double-digit point games.