(14-9, 6-5 away)
(10-12, 6-9 home)
Venue: Allstate Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||R Arcidiacono 23
||M Yarou 7
||R Arcidiacono 5
||C Melvin 19
||W Clahar 7
||B Young 5
Villanova squared off with DePaul on Tuesday, February 5th and easily took down the Blue Demons 94-71 in conference action. The Wildcats were led by Tony Chennault, who put up 10 points plus four rebounds. James Bell also had a great outing, scoring 16 points and adding six rebounds. Worrel Clahar finished with 12 points and seven rebounds for the Blue Demons. Villanova (14-9, 5-5 Big East) takes on South Florida (10-11, 1-8 Big East) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Villanova Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:56 left to go.
- Villanova started 14-9 during the 2007, 2002, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova beat the spread by 20.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Villanova has been on the winning end of 30 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 10 or more three-pointers.
- Villanova has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Villanova has won 75% of the time this season (12-4) when opponents record 71 or fewer total points.
- This season Villanova has won 71% of the time (5-2) when James Bell plays 32 minutes or more, 71% of the time (10-4) when JayVaughn Pinkston has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Mouphtaou Yarou has 5 free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats set season highs for assists (18), field goals made (34), and field goal percentage (0.596).
- The last time Villanova had a field goal percentage of 59.6% or higher was Jan 29, 2005 against Rutgers.
- Villanova set a season low for blocks (1).
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Arcidiacono and Darrun Hilliard) accounted for 42.5% of the points.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 23 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Ryan Arcidiacono's career.
- James Bell had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Darrun Hilliard has 7 straight double-digit point games.
DePaul Game Notes
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, DePaul has been on the losing end of 25 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Cleveland Melvin and Jamee Crockett) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Worrel Clahar and Cleveland Melvin) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Worrel Clahar has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Worrel Clahar set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Brandon Young has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamee Crockett has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|D-||D. Robertson Jr.||11||0||1||0||0||1||2|