(12-11, 3-5 away)
Penn State 49
(8-14, 7-9 home)
Venue: Bryce Jordan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||R Johnson 16
||A Hammons 12
||D Byrd 4
||D (DJ) Newbill 17
||R Travis 8
||D (DJ) Newbill 7
On Tuesday, February 5th, Penn State took on Purdue and lost on their home court to the Boilermakers 58-49 in conference play. The Nittany Lions remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. Devonte (DJ) Newbill put up a game-high 17 points plus seven assists in the Nittany Lions loss. Ross Travis had eight points and added eight rebounds. A.J. Hammons recorded a double-double for the Boilermakers with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Penn State (8-14, 0-10 Big Ten) takes on Nebraska (11-12, 2-8 Big Ten) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Penn State Game Notes
- The last time PSU started the season 8-14 was 2009.
- Penn State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 40.8% or better this season, Penn State has lost 92% of the time (1-12).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Penn State has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Penn State has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- PSU set season lows for three-pointers (2) and three-point percentage (0.1).
- Penn State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Nittany Lions opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--PSU has a -1.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 22 games this season.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill had a career high with 7 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Nick Colella.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jonathan Graham.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Sasa Borovnjak.
Purdue Game Notes
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Ronnie Johnson and A.J. Hammons) accounted for 53.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (A.J. Hammons and Donnie Hale) accounted for 52.3% of the rebounds.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 23 games this season.
- A.J. Hammons recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A.J. Hammons has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Donnie Hale recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Donnie Hale recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.