|Boise State||D Marks 16.7||R Watkins 7.6||D Marks 3.6|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.8||J Franklin 9.5||J Franklin 3.5|
San Diego State plays host to Boise State at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 11:00 EST and you can see it on Time Warner SN. The Aztecs are 3-0 against the Broncos over the last four years. The last time they met (3/8/2012) they won 65-62.
Boise State is in 6th place in the Mountain West and will be trying to close the gap with San Diego State, who is currently in 4th place.
In their last match-up on February 2nd, Jamaal Franklin put up 25 points and 10 rebounds for the Aztecs in a loss to Air Force, 70-67. He leads the team in points with 17.8 per game, rebounds with 9.5 per game, and assists with 3.5 per game. In a 77-72 victory over UNLV on February 2nd, Anthony Drmic put up 22 points for the Broncos. He contributes 4.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 16.3 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Boise State is strong in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 76.0 and effective field goal percentage at 53.8.
Boise State StatSmack
- Jamaal Franklin is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in points, 3rd in the Mountain West in rebounds, 7th in the Mountain West in assists, 4th in the Mountain West in steals, and 7th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- San Diego State players are more experienced than Boise State players (13,973 minutes played vs 10,049 minutes played).
- Even computers respect San Diego State more. We have a better RPI this season than Boise State (RPI: #31 vs #51).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 San Diego State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Boise State (3 vs 0).
- San Diego State beat Boise State by 3 points the last time they played (Mar 08, 2012).
- Chase Tapley is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- San Diego State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on San Diego State is 78.0 inches compared to 76.9 inches for Boise State.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. San Diego State has a stronger schedule than Boise State this season (SOS Rank: #48 vs #83).
- San Diego State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on San Diego State is 211 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Boise State.
- AP voters think more highly of San Diego State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Boise State (46 vs 1).
- San Diego State does a better job contesting shots (38.6% allowed vs 43.8% allowed) than Boise State this season.
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||11||2||2||0||0||0||1|