(8-15, 2-12 away)
Boston University 79
(12-11, 8-3 home)
Venue: Case Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||X Pollard 20
||A Fraser 8
||X Pollard 4
||D Morris 20
||D Irving 10
||M Watson Jr. 8
On a night when they scored 33 points from behind the arc, Boston University came out on top against Maine 79-72 in America East action. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Dom Morris had a big game for the Terriers and put up a career-high 20 points and seven rebounds. John Papale also had a solid game, scoring 16 points and adding three assists. Xavier Pollard finished with a career-high 20 points and four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) for the Black Bears. Boston University (12-11, 6-4 America East) goes to Binghamton (3-19, 1-8 America East) on Saturday, February 9th.
Boston University Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:52 left to go.
- The last time BU started the season 12-11 was 2009.
- Boston University has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- The Terriers have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 79 or more total points.
- BU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Boston University has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Maurice Watson Jr. has 14 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when D.J. Irving plays 37 minutes or more.
- Boston University has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--BU has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Maurice Watson Jr. recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Dom Morris and John Papale) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Irving and Dom Morris) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Dom Morris has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- D.J. Irving has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 23 games this season.
- D.J. Irving recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Irving had career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Dom Morris's career.
- Dom Morris had career highs with 20 points and 9 field goals made.
- Maurice Watson Jr. has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Maine Game Notes
- This loss extended the Black Bears losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Pollard and Alasdair Fraser) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alasdair Fraser and Mike Allison) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Alasdair Fraser has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Alasdair Fraser has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Xavier Pollard's career.
- Xavier Pollard set career highs with 20 points and 8 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Justin Edwards.
|A||M. Watson Jr.||28||14||1||8||3||0||4|