Boston College was blown out by No. 8 Miami (FL) 72-50 in conference play on a night when the Hurricanes scored 33 points from behind the arc. The Eagles are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-3). The Eagles got a double-double out of Ryan Anderson with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Olivier Hanlan had a team-high 16 points. Kenny Kadji got 16 points and eight rebounds for the Hurricanes. Next up for Boston College (10-12, 2-7 ACC) is fourth-ranked Duke (19-2, 6-2 ACC) on Sunday, February 10th on their home court.
Boston College Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:35 left to go.
- Prior to this game, BC played 25 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-20.
- Boston College has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.4% or better this season, Boston College has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Boston College has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- BC set season lows for assists (6), free throws made (5), and total points (50).
- Boston College has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Olivier Hanlan accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 36.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Olivier Hanlan has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 22 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ryan Anderson has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 13th of his career.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- Rion Brown accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Johnson and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Shane Larkin has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Rion Brown's career.
- Rion Brown set a career high with 22 points.
- Kenny Kadji has 12 straight double-digit point games.