Boston College 50
(10-12, 2-5 away)
(8) Miami 72
(18-3, 10-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||O Hanlan 16
||R Anderson 11
||O Hanlan 2
||R Brown 22
||R Johnson 9
||S Larkin 5
No. 8 Miami (FL) easily defeated Boston College 72-50 in ACC action on an evening when they scored 33 points from behind the arc. The Hurricanes improve to 3-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Kenny Kadji had a big game for the Hurricanes and put up 16 points and eight rebounds. Rion Brown was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 7 to get to a game-high 22 points overall. Ryan Anderson registered a double-double for the Eagles with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Miami (FL) (17-3, 9-0 ACC) takes on North Carolina (15-6, 5-3 ACC) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:35 left to go.
- The last time Miami (FL) started the season 18-3 was 2001.
- The win over Boston College extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to 10 games.
- Miami (FL) beat the spread by 9 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Hurricanes have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Miami (FL) has been on the winning end of 34 blowout games.
- The Hurricanes have won every game this season (12-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (12-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.4% or better.
- Miami (FL) has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- Miami (FL) has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 88% of the time (14-2) when Shane Larkin has 10 points or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Durand Scott plays 35 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Kenny Kadji has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Hurricanes set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- The last time Miami (FL) recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Mar 03, 2012 against Boston College.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Miami (FL) has a 17.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rion Brown accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Johnson and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Shane Larkin has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Rion Brown's career.
- Rion Brown had a career high with 22 points.
- Kenny Kadji has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Boston College Game Notes
- Olivier Hanlan accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 36.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Olivier Hanlan has led the team in scoring 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 22 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ryan Anderson has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 13th of his career.
|C||Andrew Van Nest||17||3||4||0||0||0||2|