|Minnesota||A Hollins 14.2||T Mbakwe 8.5||A Hollins 3.7|
|Michigan State||K Appling 14.0||A Payne 6.9||K Appling 4.2|
No. 18 Minnesota visits Breslin Center on Wednesday to take on No. 12 Michigan State. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Golden Gophers beat the Spartans 76-63 on December 31st and are 2-9 against them over the last four years.
Minnesota is in 6th place in the conference, Michigan State is in 2nd place.
In a 62-59 win over Iowa on February 3rd, Austin Hollins put up 17 points and 5 rebounds for the Golden Gophers. He is averaging 11.1 points per game while also contributing a team-high 2.0 steals per game. For the Spartans, Keith Appling finished with 24 points and 8 rebounds in the 80-75 win over Illinois on January 31st. With 14.0 points per game and 4.2 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Michigan State StatSmack
- Trevor Mbakwe is ranked 1st in the Big Ten in rebounds and 2nd in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Minnesota players are more experienced than Michigan State players (14,744 minutes played vs 10,352 minutes played).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Minnesota has a stronger schedule than Michigan State this season (SOS Rank: #3 vs #20).
- The Minnesota blocks leader (Trevor Mbakwe) has more blocks than the Michigan State blocks leader (Adreian Payne).
- Minnesota has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Michigan State (#9 vs #72).
- Michigan State has to pay up to win. The coach for Minnesota has a much lower base salary than Michigan State ($1,861,000 vs $2,640,000).
- Boom! Minnesota crushed Michigan State by 13 points the last time they played (Dec 31, 2012).
- The Minnesota scoring leader (Andre Hollins) has more points than the Michigan State scoring leader (Keith Appling).
- The Minnesota steals leader (Austin Hollins) has more steals than the Michigan State steals leader (Branden Dawson).
- Minnesota has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Michigan State (#18 vs #39).
- Rodney Williams is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in blocks.