Marshall vs. Tulane: Full Game Preview
|Marshall||E Pittman 14.8||D Tinnon 9.0||D Kane 7.2|
|Tulane||J Davis 17.1||J Davis 9.9||R Tarrant 2.7|
Marshall goes up against Tulane on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST. The Thundering Herd are 5-1 against the Green Wave over the last four years. They won 63-44 on 2/1/2012 the last time they played.
Tulane and Marshall are packed together in the conference, holding down 9th and 7th place, respectively.
In a 75-71 triumph over UCF on February 2nd, Elijah Pittman put up 20 points for the Thundering Herd. He leads the team with 14.8 points per game. For the Green Wave, Kendall Timmons finished with 6 points and 7 rebounds in the 62-50 loss to Texas-El Paso on February 2nd. He contributes 4.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.2 points per game. Tulane will hope to exploit their strength in defensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 73.1 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 26th in the country.
- DeAndre Kane is ranked 22nd nationally in assists and 9th in C-USA in steals.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Marshall has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tulane (1 vs 0).
- The Marshall three-point leader (D.D. Scarver) has more three-pointers than the Tulane three-point leader (Jordan Callahan).
- Marshall is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Marshall is 214 lbs compared to 206 lbs for Tulane.
- Elijah Pittman is ranked 9th in C-USA in points and 10th in C-USA in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Marshall has an average margin of victory of 7 over Tulane in 8 wins since 2005.
- The Marshall assist leader (DeAndre Kane) has more assists than the Tulane assist leader (Ricky Tarrant).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Marshall has come back to win after being down at half against Tulane 3 times since 2007.
- Dennis Tinnon is ranked 39th nationally in rebounds.
- We just win. Marshall has more wins over the last 5 years than Tulane (108 vs 81).
- D.D. Scarver is ranked 1st in C-USA in three-pointers.