|Connecticut||S Napier 17.2||D Daniels 4.8||R Boatright 4.6|
|St John's||D Harrison 18.9||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.7|
Connecticut matches up against St. John's on Wednesday. It gets started at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Huskies are 3-2 against the Red Storm over the last four years. They won 83-69 on 12/31/2011 the last time they played.
Connecticut is in 7th place in the conference and needs to hold off 8th place St. John's.
The 24 points and 8 rebounds by Shabazz Napier helped the Huskies to a 69-64 victory over South Florida on February 3rd. He leads the team with 17.2 points per game and 2.0 steals per game. For the Red Storm, JaKarr Sampson finished with 18 points and 8 rebounds in the 68-56 loss to Georgetown on February 2nd. He averages 14.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.6 rebounds per game. One category in which St. John's is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.1, ranking 1st in their conference (and 10th nationally).
St. John's StatSmack
- Connecticut has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than St. John's (3 vs 0).
- Connecticut players are more experienced than St. John's players (12,009 minutes played vs 8,369 minutes played).
- Connecticut is a better three-point shooting team (33.4% vs 30.3%) than St. John's this season.
- The only thing that matters. Connecticut has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than St. John's (2 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Connecticut has an average margin of victory of 13 over St. John's in 27 wins since 1980.
- Connecticut takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than St. John's (8 vs 1).
- We just win. Connecticut has more wins over the last 5 years than St. John's (140 vs 92).
- People just expect us to beat you. Connecticut has been the favorite 24 out of the last 26 times.
- We make our fans proud. Connecticut has a better record at home than St. John's this season (10-1 vs 9-3).
- It's only wins and losses, but Connecticut has a better overall record than St. John's this season (15-5 vs 14-8).
- How does our back look? Connecticut is ranked higher than St. John's in the Big East (#7 vs #8).
|C+||Phil Greene IV||31||9||3||3||1||0||1|