|Marquette||V Blue 14.9||D Gardner 5.4||J Cadougan 4.2|
|South Florida||V Rudd 10.9||V Rudd 6.7||A Collins 6.8|
No. 24 Marquette matches up against South Florida on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN 2. The Golden Eagles defeated the Bulls 63-50 on January 28th and are 4-1 against them over the past four years.
South Florida is in 15th place in the Big East and Marquette is in 2nd place.
The Golden Eagles were defeated by Louisville 70-51 on February 3rd despite 17 points and 5 rebounds from Vander Blue. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 14.9 points per contest. For the Bulls, Toarlyn Fitzpatrick put up 22 points and 10 rebounds in the 69-64 loss to Connecticut on February 3rd. He is averaging 10.6 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 0.9 per game.
Marquette appears to have a key statistical advantage over South Florida in one area, scoring, where the Golden Eagles have an edge over the Bulls, 69 points per game to 61 points per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Marquette has recruited more Top 50 high school players than South Florida (4 vs 1).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Marquette has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Florida (3 vs 0).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Marquette has had more players drafted by the NBA than South Florida (7 vs 2).
- At least you keep showing up. Marquette has an average margin of victory of 12 over South Florida in 18 wins since 1986.
- It's only wins and losses, but Marquette has a better overall record than South Florida this season (15-5 vs 10-11).
- Marquette takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Florida (8 vs 1).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Marquette is superior to South Florida (Latest AP Poll: #25 vs Not Ranked).
- Marquette has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than South Florida according to Kiplinger (59.8% vs 21%).
- Marquette has a more potent offense, scoring more points (69.2 per game vs 61.3 per game) than South Florida this season.
- How does our back look? Marquette is ranked higher than South Florida in the Big East (#1 vs #15).
- Boom! Marquette crushed South Florida by 13 points the last time they played (Jan 28, 2013).
|C-||S. Taylor Jr.||10||4||2||0||1||0||0|