Cincinnati vs. Providence: Full Game Preview
|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 18.5||T Rubles 6.0||C Wright 3.5|
|Providence||B Cotton 21.4||L Henton 8.1||V Council 6.9|
Providence welcomes No. 17 Cincinnati to Dunkin' Donuts Center on Wednesday. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on Cox, FSN-OH, MASN 2. The Friars are 2-3 against the Bearcats over the last four years. They lost 81-66 the last time they played (2/15/2012).
Providence is 12th in the conference and Cincinnati is 3rd. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last game, Bryce Cotton put up 18 points and 6 rebounds in the Friars 55-52 win over Villanova on February 3rd. He leads the team with 21.4 points per game. For the Bearcats, Sean Kilpatrick put up 21 points and 7 rebounds in the 65-59 win over Seton Hall on February 2nd. His 18.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Cincinnati will hope to exploit their strength in offensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 40.5 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 6th in the country.
- Kadeem Batts is ranked 7th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence assist leader (Vincent Council) has more assists than the Cincinnati assist leader (Cashmere Wright).
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton) has more three-pointers than the Cincinnati three-point leader (Sean Kilpatrick).
- Bryce Cotton is ranked 17th nationally in points and 13th nationally in three-pointers.
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton) has more rebounds than the Cincinnati rebounding leader (Titus Rubles).
- The Providence basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Cincinnati (80% vs 53%).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Providence has had more players drafted by the NBA than Cincinnati (4 vs 3).
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 2nd in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton) has more points than the Cincinnati scoring leader (Sean Kilpatrick).
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|