|Air Force||M Lyons 18.1||M Lyons 4.6||T Fletcher 4.0|
|New Mexico||K Williams 13.8||A Kirk 7.3||K Williams 4.5|
On Wednesday, Air Force visits The Pit to take on No. 15 New Mexico. It takes place at 9:00 EST and you can see it on My50 or ROOT-RM. The Falcons are 0-10 against the Lobos over the last four years. They fell 79-64 on 3/8/2012, the last time they met.
New Mexico is holding down the 1st spot in the Mountain West, right above Air Force in 2nd place.
The 20 points and 5 rebounds by Michael Lyons helped the Falcons to a 70-67 victory over San Diego State on February 2nd. He leads the team in points with 18.1 per game and rebounds with 4.6 per game. For the Lobos, Hugh Greenwood put up 15 points and 7 rebounds in the 75-62 win over Nevada on February 2nd. He is averaging 7.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, New Mexico performs well in free throw rate at 46.9. This ranks 1st in the conference and 3rd in the country.
New Mexico StatSmack
- The Air Force basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than New Mexico (91% vs 56%).
- Todd Fletcher is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in three-pointers, 4th in the Mountain West in assists, and 10th in the Mountain West in steals.
- The Air Force three-point leader (Michael Lyons) has more three-pointers than the New Mexico three-point leader (Tony Snell).
- Air Force is a better three-point shooting team (39.4% vs 34.4%) than New Mexico this season.
- Michael Lyons is ranked 2nd in the Mountain West in points and 8th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- Air Force is better under pressure, and has defeated New Mexico in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Air Force scoring leader (Michael Lyons) has more points than the New Mexico scoring leader (Kendall Williams).
- Air Force players are more experienced than New Mexico players (13,837 minutes played vs 13,266 minutes played).
- Air Force is a better shooting team (48.4% vs 41.6%) than New Mexico this season.
- The Air Force steals leader (Todd Fletcher) has more steals than the New Mexico steals leader (Hugh Greenwood).