Vanderbilt vs. LSU: Full Game Preview
|Vanderbilt||K Johnson 14.9||K Bright 5.6||K Johnson 3.2|
|LSU||A Hickey 12.4||J O`Bryant III 8.5||C Carmouche 3.8|
LSU welcomes Vanderbilt to Pete Maravich Center on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Tigers are 0-5 against the Commodores over the last four years. They lost 76-61 the last time they played (2/8/2012).
LSU is 8th in the conference and Vanderbilt is 11th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, behind 12 points and 12 rebounds from Johnny O`Bryant III, the Tigers defeated Mississippi State 69-68 on February 2nd. He tallies 11.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.5 rebounds per game. For the Commodores, Kedren Johnson put up 15 points and 7 rebounds in the 58-54 loss to Alabama on February 2nd. He puts up a team-leading 14.9 points per game, 3.2 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
LSU looks to have the advantage over Vanderbilt in one significant area, scoring, where the Tigers have an edge over the Commodores, 71 points per game to 59 points per game.
- LSU can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.3 per game vs 32.1 per game) than Vanderbilt this season.
- Even computers respect LSU more. We have a better RPI this season than Vanderbilt (RPI: #110 vs #154).
- The LSU steals leader (Anthony Hickey) has more steals than the Vanderbilt steals leader (Kedren Johnson).
- At least you keep showing up. LSU has an average margin of victory of 10 over Vanderbilt in 27 wins since 1980.
- The LSU rebounding leader (Johnny O`Bryant III) has more rebounds than the Vanderbilt rebounding leader (Kevin Bright).
- LSU has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Vanderbilt ($15,474 vs $52,659).
- LSU has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Vanderbilt (1 vs 0).
- LSU has a more potent offense, scoring more points (71.8 per game vs 59.4 per game) than Vanderbilt this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. LSU has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Vanderbilt (14 vs 1).
|B-||J. O`Bryant III||26||12||9||1||1||1||3|
|D+||A. Del Piero||13||4||3||0||0||1||1|