Kansas vs. TCU: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.4||J Withey 8.3||E Johnson 4.9|
|TCU||K Anderson 11.2||A McKinney 6.9||K Anderson 3.3|
No. 5 Kansas travels to Daniel-Meyer Coliseum on Wednesday to take on TCU. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Jayhawks have not played the Horned Frogs since the 2004-05 season, when they won 93-74.
Kansas is in 1st place in the conference, TCU is in 10th place.
In spite of 23 points and 5 rebounds from Ben McLemore, the Jayhawks came up short 85-80 against Oklahoma State on February 2nd. He leads the team with 16.4 points per game. The Horned Frogs were defeated by Texas 60-43 on February 2nd despite 8 points and 12 rebounds from Connell Crossland. He contributes 5.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.7 points per game.
Kansas looks to have the advantage in three significant areas. The Jayhawks have an edge in blocked shots, seven per game to three per game, which could have a big impact in this game on defense. Kansas also has an advantage in assists, 15 per game to 9 per game. Finally, the Jayhawks have the upper hand in scoring as well, 74 points per game to 54 points per game.
- You get an A for effort, but Kansas has emerged victorious against TCU the last 3 times they've played.
- The Kansas blocks leader (Jeff Withey) has more blocks than the TCU blocks leader (Devonta Abron).
- Kansas is a better three-point shooting team (36.9% vs 30.8%) than TCU this season.
- Kansas embarrassed TCU by 19 points the last time they played (Dec 09, 2004).
- Kansas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than TCU (3 vs 0).
- AP voters think more highly of Kansas and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than TCU (189 vs 1).
- Kansas can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.9 per game vs 32.2 per game) than TCU this season.
- We win when it counts, too. Kansas has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than TCU (28 vs 0).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Kansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than TCU (23 vs 0).
|C-||A. White III||6||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|D+||N. Butler Lind||27||5||2||2||1||1||2|
|D||C. Hill Jr.||19||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|