Connecticut vs. St John's: Full Game Preview
|Connecticut||S Napier 17.2||D Daniels 4.8||R Boatright 4.6|
|St John's||D Harrison 18.9||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.7|
On Wednesday, St. John's matches up against Connecticut. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Red Storm are 2-3 against the Huskies over the last four years. They fell 83-69 on 12/31/2011, the last time they met.
St. John's is in 8th place in the Big East and needs to keep pace with Connecticut, who is currently in 7th place.
In spite of 18 points and 8 rebounds from JaKarr Sampson, the Red Storm came up short 68-56 against Georgetown on February 2nd. He is averaging 14.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.6 per game. For the Huskies, Shabazz Napier put up 24 points and 8 rebounds in the 69-64 win over South Florida on February 3rd. He leads the team in points with 17.2 per game and steals with 2.0 per game.
- St. John's can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.5 per game vs 32.2 per game) than Connecticut this season.
- Chris Obekpa is ranked 1st nationally in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. St. John's has an average margin of victory of 12 over Connecticut in 32 wins since 1980.
- The St. John's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Connecticut (70% vs 31%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? St. John's currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 889) than Connecticut, per the NCAA.
- JaKarr Sampson is ranked 10th in the Big East in rebounds and 9th in the Big East in blocks.
- The St. John's scoring leader (D`Angelo Harrison) has more points than the Connecticut scoring leader (Shabazz Napier).
- St. John's has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Connecticut (#31 vs #72).
- The St. John's three-point leader (D`Angelo Harrison) has more three-pointers than the Connecticut three-point leader (Shabazz Napier).
- The St. John's rebounding leader (JaKarr Sampson) has more rebounds than the Connecticut rebounding leader (DeAndre Daniels).
- Diaper Dandies love us. St. John's has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Connecticut (13 vs 10).
|C+||Phil Greene IV||31||9||3||3||1||0||1|