|Kent State||C Evans 16.5||C Evans 6.9||R Holt 2.4|
|Western Michigan||S Whittington 12.4||S Whittington 8.2||A Richie 3.1|
Western Michigan plays host to Kent State at University Arena (MI) on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Broncos are 0-5 against the Golden Flashes over the last four years. They fell 76-72 on 3/8/2012, the last time they met.
Western Michigan is in 3rd place in the conference, Kent State is in 6th place. Western Michigan will be looking to extend its six-game win streak.
In a 71-60 win over Buffalo on February 2nd, Shayne Whittington put up 23 points and 14 rebounds for the Broncos. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (12.4), rebounds (8.2), and blocks (1.6). For the Golden Flashes, Randal Holt finished with 17 points and 6 assists in the 77-62 blowout of Eastern Michigan on February 2nd. He is averaging 13.9 points per game and leads the team in assists with 2.4 per game. Kent State ranks 2nd in their conference in free throw rate at 45.4, which also places them 9th in the country.
Kent State StatSmack
- The Western Michigan blocks leader (Shayne Whittington) has more blocks than the Kent State blocks leader (Chris Evans).
- Austin Richie is ranked 8th in the MAC in assists.
- The Western Michigan basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Kent State (62% vs 47%).
- The Western Michigan assist leader (Austin Richie) has more assists than the Kent State assist leader (Randal Holt).
- It's only wins and losses, but Western Michigan has a better overall record than Kent State this season (13-7 vs 11-10).
- How does our back look? Western Michigan is ranked higher than Kent State in the MAC (#3 vs #8).
- Winning is in our blood. Western Michigan has a better record in close games than Kent State this season (5-2 vs 5-4).
- Brandon Pokley is ranked 8th in the MAC in three-pointers.
- Western Michigan has a better conference record than Kent State this season (5-2 vs 2-5).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Western Michigan currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (986 to 944) than Kent State, per the NCAA.
- The Western Michigan rebounding leader (Shayne Whittington) has more rebounds than the Kent State rebounding leader (Chris Evans).
|D||E. Morris Jr.||6||1||1||0||0||0||0|