Ohio vs. Ball State: Full Game Preview
|Ohio||D Cooper 14.5||I Baltic 5.3||D Cooper 8.0|
|Ball State||J Scaife 13.0||M Majok 10.4||M Posley 2.8|
On Wednesday, Ohio visits Worthen Arena to take on Ball State. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST. The Bobcats are 3-3 against the Cardinals over the last four years. The last time they met (1/28/2012) they won 59-55.
Ball State is in 11th place in the MAC and Ohio is in 2nd place.
In their last game, Nick Kellogg put up 15 points in the Bobcats 86-72 loss to Akron on February 2nd. He contributes 2.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.1 points per game. The Cardinals were defeated by Bowling Green 70-59 on February 2nd despite 6 points and 7 rebounds from Matt Kamieniecki. He contributes 5.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 3.0 points per game.
Ohio has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Bobcats have an edge over the Cardinals, 74 points per game to 63 points per game.
Ball State StatSmack
- Ohio beat Ball State by 4 points the last time they played (Jan 28, 2012).
- The Ohio basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Ball State (87% vs 63%).
- Ohio has a better conference record than Ball State this season (6-1 vs 2-6).
- The Ohio scoring leader (D.J Cooper) has more points than the Ball State scoring leader (Jauwan Scaife).
- The Ohio assist leader (D.J Cooper) has more assists than the Ball State assist leader (Marcus Posley).
- Be afraid. Ohio has blown out more teams than Ball State this season (6 blowouts vs 2).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Ohio currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (917 to 911) than Ball State, per the NCAA.
- D.J Cooper is ranked 7th in the MAC in points, 5th in the MAC in three-pointers, 4th nationally in assists, and 3rd in the MAC in steals.
- The Ohio blocks leader (Jon Smith) has more blocks than the Ball State blocks leader (Majok Majok).