Gardner-Webb vs. Presbyterian: Full Game Preview
|Gardner-Webb||T Newsome 14.3||K Hartley 6.3||T Strange 4.1|
|Presbyterian||K Mutakabbir 15.9||J Clyburn 5.7||E Washington 6.6|
Presbyterian plays host to Gardner-Webb at Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Blue Hose are 3-4 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 68-62.
Gardner-Webb maintains 5th place in the Big South while Presbyterian sits at 11th place.
The Blue Hose fell 78-68 to High Point on February 2nd. Joshua Clyburn finished with 17 points in the loss. He is averaging 9.8 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.7 per game. In a 76-65 victory over Longwood on February 2nd, Tashan Newsome put up 26 points and 5 rebounds for the Bulldogs. His 14.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Gardner-Webb has an edge in a single key statistical category, rebounding, where the Bulldogs have the upper hand over the Blue Hose, 36 per game to 29 per game.
- At least you keep showing up. Presbyterian has an average margin of victory of 17 over Gardner-Webb in 3 wins since 2008.
- The Presbyterian scoring leader (Khalid Mutakabbir) has more points than the Gardner-Webb scoring leader (Donta Harper).
- Khalid Mutakabbir is ranked 5th in the Big South in points and 10th in the Big South in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Presbyterian currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (967 to 962) than Gardner-Webb, per the NCAA.
- Presbyterian players are more experienced than Gardner-Webb players (10,815 minutes played vs 10,069 minutes played).
- Presbyterian beat Gardner-Webb by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Presbyterian is a better three-point shooting team (34.7% vs 30.8%) than Gardner-Webb this season.
- The Presbyterian three-point leader (Jordan Downing) has more three-pointers than the Gardner-Webb three-point leader (Kevin Hartley).
- The Presbyterian assist leader (Eric Washington) has more assists than the Gardner-Webb assist leader (Tyler Strange).
- Jordan Downing is ranked 10th in the Big South in points and 3rd in the Big South in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Presbyterian has a stronger schedule than Gardner-Webb this season (SOS Rank: #286 vs #332).