|Creighton||D McDermott 24.0||D McDermott 7.3||G Gibbs 5.8|
|Indiana State||J Odum 13.9||J Gant 5.1||J Odum 4.4|
On Wednesday, No. 16 Creighton travels to Hulman Center to take on Indiana State. Tip-off is at 7:05 EST and you can see it on KMTV. The Bluejays defeated the Sycamores 79-66 on January 5th and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
Indiana State is in 3rd place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 1st place Creighton.
In a 75-58 beatdown of Bradley on February 2nd, Doug McDermott put up 25 points and 7 rebounds for the Bluejays. He leads the team with 24.0 points per game and 7.3 rebounds per game. For the Sycamores, R.J. Mahurin finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds in the 74-71 loss to Drake on February 2nd. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.2 points per game.
Creighton has a statistical advantage in two significant areas. The Bluejays have an edge in assists, 18 per game to 11 per game. In addition, Creighton has an advantage in scoring, 79 points per game to 67 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Indiana State is strong in free throw rate at 45.1. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 14th in the nation.
Indiana State StatSmack
- AP voters think more highly of Creighton and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Indiana State (56 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Creighton currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 929) than Indiana State, per the NCAA.
- Boom! Creighton crushed Indiana State by 13 points the last time they played (Jan 05, 2013).
- Gregory Echenique is ranked 5th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds and 2nd in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- The Creighton rebounding leader (Doug McDermott) has more rebounds than the Indiana State rebounding leader (Justin Gant).
- Creighton is a better shooting team (52.0% vs 44.3%) than Indiana State this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Creighton has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Indiana State (1 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Creighton has come back to win after being down at half against Indiana State 4 times since 1999.
- Creighton takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Indiana State (4 vs 1).
- Jahenns Manigat is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers.
- How does our back look? Creighton is ranked higher than Indiana State in the Missouri Valley (#1 vs #3).