Stanford vs. Arizona: Full Game Preview
|Stanford||D Powell 14.4||J Huestis 9.3||A Bright 3.0|
|Arizona||M Lyons 14.9||B Ashley 5.8||M Lyons 2.9|
On Wednesday, No. 7 Arizona welcomes Stanford at McKale Center. The game tips off at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN News. The Wildcats are 6-1 against the Cardinal over the last four years. The last time they met (2/4/2012) they won 56-43.
Arizona is currently in 1st place in the Pac 12 and Stanford is in 5th.
In a 79-65 triumph over Washington State on February 2nd, Mark Lyons put up 20 points for the Wildcats. On top of his scoring average of 14.9 points per game, he delivers 2.9 assists per game. For the Cardinal, Josh Huestis finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds in the 81-73 win over Oregon State on February 3rd. He leads the team in rebounds with 9.3 per game and blocks with 2.1 per game.
- We win when it counts, too. Arizona has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Stanford (12 vs 4).
- Arizona takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Stanford (8 vs 5).
- We beat real teams. Arizona has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Stanford this season (5 vs 1).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Arizona is superior to Stanford (Latest AP Poll: #8 vs Not Ranked).
- Arizona is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Arizona is 220 lbs compared to 209 lbs for Stanford.
- Solomon Hill is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- You get an A for effort, but Arizona has emerged victorious against Stanford the last 6 times they've played.
- Arizona waxed Stanford by 13 points the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
- AP voters think more highly of Arizona and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Stanford (128 vs 55).
- Nick Johnson is ranked 41st nationally in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Arizona has an average margin of victory of 11 over Stanford in 47 wins since 1980.