|Baylor||P Jackson 19.1||I Austin 9.5||P Jackson 6.0|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 15.5||P Jurick 7.2||M Smart 4.6|
Baylor heads to Gallagher-Iba Arena on Wednesday to take on No. 22 Oklahoma State. It takes place at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Bears defeated the Cowboys 64-54 on January 21st and are 6-3 against them over the past four years.
Oklahoma State and Baylor share the 4th spot in the conference.
In their last outing, despite 23 points and 6 assists from Pierre Jackson, the Bears fell to Iowa State 79-71 on February 2nd. He paces the team in points per game with 19.1, and assists per game with 6.0. For the Cowboys, Marcus Smart finished with 25 points and 9 rebounds in the 85-80 win over Kansas on February 2nd. With 4.6 assists per game and 2.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Oklahoma State StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Baylor has an average margin of victory of 10 over Oklahoma State in 12 wins since 1986.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Baylor has a stronger schedule than Oklahoma State this season (SOS Rank: #19 vs #55).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Baylor currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 928) than Oklahoma State, per the NCAA.
- Isaiah Austin is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in points, 2nd in the Big 12 in rebounds, and 7th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- A.J. Walton is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in assists and 3rd in the Big 12 in steals.
- Baylor is better at defending the three (30.2% allowed vs 34.3% allowed) than Oklahoma State this season.
- Baylor has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (69.09% to 61.29%).
- You get an A for effort, but Baylor has emerged victorious against Oklahoma State the last 3 times they've played.
- The Baylor assist leader (Pierre Jackson) has more assists than the Oklahoma State assist leader (Marcus Smart).
- Pierre Jackson is ranked 1st in the Big 12 in points, 2nd in the Big 12 in three-pointers, 37th nationally in assists, and 4th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Cory Jefferson is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 2nd in the Big 12 in blocks.