On Monday, February 4th, Sacramento State took on Northern Arizona and was edged by the Lumberjacks 62-61 in conference play. With the loss, the Hornets stay winless against Northern Arizona this season at 0-2. John Dickson put up a team-high 13 points and six rebounds in the Hornets loss. Dylan Garrity also had a decent outing, scoring 13 points. For the Lumberjacks, Max Jacobsen finished with 16 points and five rebounds. Sacramento State (10-10, 5-7 Big Sky) welcomes Eastern Washington (6-16, 4-8 Big Sky) on Thursday, February 7th.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The Hornets have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Sacramento State is 15-27 in close games.
- Sacramento State has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- The Hornets set season highs for assists (17), blocks (4), and three-pointers (10).
- SacSt set season lows for free throws made (1) and rebounds (20).
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Hornets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SacSt has a 7.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (John Dickson and Dylan Garrity) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joe Eberhard and John Dickson) accounted for 60.0% of the rebounds.
- John Dickson has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Joe Eberhard has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Mikh McKinney has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- John Dickson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 23-27 in close games.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stallon Saldivar and Max Jacobsen) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Stallon Saldivar has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has 7 straight double-digit point games.