San Diego 69
(12-12, 4-8 away)
Loyola Marymount 68
(8-14, 5-6 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||J Dee 15
||C Manresa 8
||C Anderson 7
||A Egbeyemi 17
||A Hamilton 12
||A Hamilton 5
On Monday, February 4th, San Diego got by Loyola Marymount 69-68 in overtime. With the win, the Toreros improve to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Toreros were led by Christopher Anderson, who put up 13 points plus seven rebounds. Johnny Dee also contributed, scoring a team-high 15 points and adding six rebounds. Ayodeji Egbeyemi registered a double-double for the Lions on 17 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when San Diego (12-12, 5-4 West Coast) welcomes Brigham Young (18-6, 8-2 West Coast).
San Diego Game Notes
- The last time SD started the season 12-12 was 1997.
- SD beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Toreros have beaten the spread.
- San Diego has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Toreros have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 5-4.
- The Toreros have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, San Diego is 24-31 in close games.
- The Toreros have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 36 or more rebounds.
- SD has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 7 or fewer steals.
- This season San Diego has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Ken Rancifer has 5 field goals made or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Christopher Anderson has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Toreros have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- San Diego has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Toreros came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Manresa and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- Chris Manresa has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 24 games this season.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The Lions have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-23 in close games.
- This loss extended the Lions losing streak to 6 games.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Ireland and Ayodeji Egbeyemi) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 18 times in 22 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton set career highs with 9 defensive rebounds and 5 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.