San Diego 69
(12-12, 4-8 away)
Loyola Marymount 68
(8-14, 5-6 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||J Dee 15
||C Manresa 8
||C Anderson 7
||A Egbeyemi 17
||A Hamilton 12
||A Hamilton 5
On Monday, February 4th, Loyola Marymount lost a nail-biter to San Diego 69-68 in overtime. The Lions remain winless against San Diego this season at 0-2. The Lions got a double-double out of Ayodeji Egbeyemi with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Ashley Hamilton played his way to a double-double as well with 11 points and 12 rebounds. For the Toreros, Christopher Anderson got 13 points and seven rebounds. Loyola Marymount (8-14, 1-8 West Coast) gets Portland (8-16, 1-8 West Coast) on the road on Thursday, February 7th.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- Loyola Marymount has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Lions have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 9-5.
- The Lions have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-23 in close games.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 9 or fewer free throws made.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 10 or more turnovers.
- The Lions have lost 77% of the time this season (3-10) after having a three-point percentage of 33.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 77% of the time (3-10).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 77% of the time (3-10).
- When the opposition records 36 or more rebounds this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Lions opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--LMU has a 3.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Ireland and Ayodeji Egbeyemi) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 22 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi had a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton had career highs with 9 defensive rebounds and 5 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
San Diego Game Notes
- The Toreros won this one, but have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego is 24-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Manresa and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring 16 times in 24 games this season.
- Chris Manresa has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 24 games this season.