Seton Hall faced off with No. 23 Pittsburgh on Monday, February 4th and was clipped by the Panthers 56-46 in conference play. The Pirates are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-5). The Pirates got a good effort from Fuquan Edwin, who put up a game-high 23 points and four rebounds. Kyle Smyth got two points and added three assists. Steven Adams finished with eight points and 15 rebounds for the Panthers. Seton Hall (13-10, 2-8 Big East) hosts Connecticut (15-5, 5-3 Big East) on Sunday, February 10th.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The last time SHU started the season 13-10 was 2000.
- SHU beat the spread by 6 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SHU played 44 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-36.
- The Pirates have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- SHU set season lows for assists (5), field goals made (14), rebounds (28), and total points (46).
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 11 games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 50.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gene Teague and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 23 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Fuquan Edwin's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kyle Smyth.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Brian Oliver.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Steven Adams recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15.
- The top two scorers (Lamar Patterson and Tray Woodall) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- Steven Adams accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring 6 times in 24 games this season.
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 24 games this season.
- Steven Adams recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lamar Patterson recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lamar Patterson recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 4th of his career.
- Tray Woodall has 3 straight double-digit point games.