Seton Hall 46
(13-10, 4-7 away)
(23) Pittsburgh 56
(19-5, 16-2 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||F Edwin 23
||G Teague 7
||K Smyth 3
||L Patterson 12
||S Adams 15
||J Robinson 4
No. 23 Pittsburgh knocked off Seton Hall 56-46 in conference action on Monday, February 4th. Steven Adams paced the Panthers and put up eight points and 15 rebounds. Lamar Patterson got a double-double with a team-high 12 points and 10 rebounds. Fuquan Edwin got a game-high 23 points and four rebounds for the Pirates. Pittsburgh (19-5, 7-4 Big East) takes on 17th-ranked Cincinnati (18-4, 6-3 Big East) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The last time Pittsburgh started the season 19-5 was 2007.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- Pittsburgh has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7% or better.
- Pittsburgh has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 46 or fewer total points.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Tray Woodall has 11 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Lamar Patterson plays 30 minutes or more, and 82% of the time (9-2) when Talib Zanna has 6 rebounds or more.
- Pittsburgh set season lows for assists (11), field goals made (16), field goal percentage (0.348), and total points (56).
- The Panthers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Pittsburgh has a 20.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Steven Adams recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15.
- The top two scorers (Lamar Patterson and Tray Woodall) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- Steven Adams accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 24 games this season.
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 24 games this season.
- Steven Adams recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lamar Patterson recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lamar Patterson recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 4th of his career.
- Tray Woodall has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to 4 games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 50.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gene Teague and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Fuquan Edwin's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kyle Smyth.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Brian Oliver.