Jackson State 58
(5-15, 3-13 away)
Southern University 78
(16-7, 10-0 home)
Venue: F.G. Clark Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 04, 2013
||J Stubbs 11
||J Stubbs 7
||C Williams 2
||D Beltran 35
||M Miller 11
||J Grace 9
Southern University held Jackson State to only 28% from the floor and easily knocked off the Tigers 78-58 in conference play on Monday, February 4th. The Jaguars remain unbeaten against Jackson State this season at 2-0. The Jaguars were led by Derick Beltran, who put up a remarkable 35 points (7 Reb 3 Blk), with 24 coming from three-point range. Macolm Miller got a double-double with 21 points and 11 rebounds. For the Tigers, Willie Readus finished with nine points and five rebounds. Southern University (16-7, 10-1 SWAC) goes to Arkansas-Pine Bluff (10-13, 9-2 SWAC) on Saturday, February 9th.
Southern University Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:33 left to go.
- This was the 9th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Southern University has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- The Jaguars have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Southern University has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1% or better.
- Southern University has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- Southern University has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 27.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Southern University has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Macolm Miller has 21 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Brandon Moore plays 35 minutes or more.
- The Jaguars set a season high for blocks (7).
- The Jaguars have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Southern University has a 25.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Derick Beltran recorded a team season high in points with 35, field goals made with 12, three-pointers with 8, and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Macolm Miller tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Derick Beltran accounted for 44.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Macolm Miller and Brandon Moore) accounted for 43.1% of the rebounds.
- Derick Beltran has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- Macolm Miller has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Derick Beltran's career.
- Derick Beltran has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Derick Beltran had career highs with 35 points, 12 field goals made, and 8 three-pointers.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Macolm Miller's career.
- Macolm Miller has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Macolm Miller recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Jackson State Game Notes
- This was the 6th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, JSU has been on the losing end of 29 blowout games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (19).
- Jeff Stubbs has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Dundrecous Nelson has 3 straight double-digit point games.