West Virginia snuck past Texas 60-58 in Big 12 action on Monday, February 4th. The Mountaineers now have a record of 0-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Mountaineers were led by Deniz Kilicli, who put up a team-high 14 points plus four rebounds. Terry Henderson had seven points. For the Longhorns, Sheldon McClellan finished with a game-high 14 points and eight rebounds. West Virginia (11-11, 4-5 Big 12) takes on TCU (9-12, 0-8 Big 12) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, West Virginia is 26-28 in close games.
- West Virginia has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.2% or better.
- WVU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--WVU has a 5.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Deniz Kilicli and Jabarie Hinds) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Aaric Murray and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
Texas Game Notes
- The Longhorns have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas is 21-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Sheldon McClellan and Javan Felix) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sheldon McClellan and Julien Lewis) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Sheldon McClellan has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Julien Lewis set a career high with 7 rebounds.
- Sheldon McClellan has 6 straight double-digit point games.