Mississippi Valley State 65
(3-18, 1-14 away)
Alabama State 73
(7-17, 6-4 home)
Venue: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 04, 2013
|Mississippi Valley State
|Mississippi Valley State
||D Usher 19
||E Thomas 10
||D Tomlin 2
||P Crawford 29
||P Crawford 17
||J Waters 5
On Monday, February 4th, Mississippi Valley State was clipped by Alabama State 73-65 in conference play. The Delta Devils stay winless against Alabama State this season at 0-2. Ervin Thomas secured a double-double in the Delta Devils loss including a season-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Davon Usher had a team-high 19 points and added three rebounds. Phillip Crawford got a double-double for the Hornets on a career-high 29 points and 17 rebounds. Mississippi Valley State (3-18, 3-8 SWAC) takes on Alcorn State (7-17, 5-4 SWAC) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- The last time MVSU started the season 3-18 was 2008.
- Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 7 or fewer assists.
- Mississippi Valley State has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.4% or better this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- MVSU set a season low for steals (3).
- Mississippi Valley State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- The top two scorers (Davon Usher and Ervin Thomas) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Ervin Thomas accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (31).
- Davon Usher has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 21 games this season.
- Ervin Thomas recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ervin Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Darius Tomlin.
- Davon Usher has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Alabama State Game Notes
- Phillip Crawford recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12, rebounds with 17, defensive rebounds with 11, and blocks with 5.
- Phillip Crawford accounted for 39.7% of the team's points.
- Phillip Crawford accounted for 41.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Phillip Crawford has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 5 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Phillip Crawford's career.
- Phillip Crawford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Phillip Crawford recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 6th of his career.
- Phillip Crawford set career highs with 29 points, 12 field goals made, 11 defensive rebounds, and 5 blocks.
- Shawntez Patterson set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.