On a night when they turned the ball over only nine times, North Carolina Central easily defeated Maryland-Eastern Shore 82-54 in MEAC action. North Carolina Central jumped out to a huge 47-26 lead at halftime and never let up. The Eagles got the win with a season-high 17 points and six rebounds from Alfonzo Houston. Jay Copeland Jr had six points and added five rebounds. Troy Snyder recorded a double-double for the Hawks on a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. North Carolina Central (15-7, 7-0 MEAC) hosts Florida A&M (5-15, 2-5 MEAC) on Saturday, February 9th.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:47 left to go.
- The win over Maryland-Eastern Shore extended the North Carolina Central winning streak to 9 games.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NCCU has been on the winning end of 14 blowout games.
- The Eagles have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- North Carolina Central has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.0% or better.
- NCCU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 20.0% three-point percentage.
- NCCU has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season North Carolina Central has won 78% of the time (14-4) when Stanton Kidd has 12 points or more, 85% of the time (11-2) when Ray Willis has 5 field goals made or more, and 73% of the time (8-3) when Jeremy Ingram has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Eagles set a season high for blocks (8).
- The last time NCCU recorded at least 8 blocks was Nov 26, 2011 against Barber-Scotia.
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- Jay Copeland Jr recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- Stanton Kidd has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UMES has been on the losing end of 43 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Hawks losing streak to 4 games.
- Troy Snyder accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Snyder and Francis Ezeiru) accounted for 52.9% of the rebounds.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Troy Snyder recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Snyder has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Snyder recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Troy Snyder set a career high with 7 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Francis Ezeiru.