Maryland-Eastern Shore lost in a blowout to North Carolina Central 82-54 in conference play in a game where they turned the ball over 17 times. The game was never competitive, as North Carolina Central went up 47-26 at the half and never looked back. Troy Snyder got a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Hawks, earning a double-double. Ishaq Pitt also put in a solid contribution, scoring eight points and adding three assists. For the Eagles, Alfonzo Houston finished with a season-high 17 points and six rebounds. The Hawks are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for Maryland-Eastern Shore (1-17, 1-5 MEAC) is Howard (5-18, 2-7 MEAC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:47 left to go.
- The last time UMES started the season 1-17 was 2004.
- UMES set season lows for assists (6) and steals (2).
- The Hawks have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 9 games.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Troy Snyder accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Snyder and Francis Ezeiru) accounted for 52.9% of the rebounds.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Troy Snyder recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Snyder has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Snyder recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Troy Snyder had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Francis Ezeiru.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- Jay Copeland Jr recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- Stanton Kidd has 12 straight double-digit point games.