Norfolk State 64
(14-10, 8-9 away)
Morgan State 59
(6-13, 1-5 home)
Venue: Hill Field House
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 04, 2013
||P Williams 22
||M Hawkins 7
||R Johnson 6
||D Jackson 18
||A Hubbard 13
||J Black 3
Morgan State lost at home against Norfolk State 64-59 in conference play on a night when they shot only 30%. The Bears stay winless against Norfolk State this season at 0-2. Tauron Bailey got three points plus nine rebounds in the loss. Anthony Hubbard played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. For the Spartans, Pendarvis Williams got a game-high 22 points and five rebounds. Morgan State (6-13, 3-5 MEAC) takes on Coppin State (5-19, 2-7 MEAC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The last time Morgan State started the season 6-13 was 1996.
- The Bears have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Morgan State is 31-36 in close games.
- Morgan State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 9 or fewer assists.
- Morgan State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.9% or better this season, Morgan State has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Morgan State has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Morgan State has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Morgan State set season lows for field goals made (18), field goal percentage (0.295), and steals (1).
- DeWayne Jackson accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Hubbard and Tauron Bailey) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- DeWayne Jackson has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- Anthony Hubbard has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Justin Black has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hubbard recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Hubbard has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hubbard recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The Spartans won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Norfolk State is 30-26 in close games.
- Pendarvis Williams accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring 11 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Pendarvis Williams's career.
- Pendarvis Williams has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcom Hawkins set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Rob Johnson set a career high with 6 assists.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Brandon Goode.
|-||K. Lila-St. Rose||4||2||1||0||0||0||0|