Norfolk State 64
(14-10, 8-9 away)
Morgan State 59
(6-13, 1-5 home)
Venue: Hill Field House
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 04, 2013
||P Williams 22
||M Hawkins 7
||R Johnson 6
||D Jackson 18
||A Hubbard 13
||J Black 3
On Monday, February 4th, Norfolk State held Morgan State to just 30% from the floor and won on the road against the Bears 64-59 in conference action. The Spartans now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Pendarvis Williams played brilliantly for the Spartans and put up a game-high 22 points plus five rebounds. Brandon Goode also had a strong game, scoring 12 points and adding five rebounds. Tauron Bailey got three points and nine rebounds for the Bears. Norfolk State (14-10, 9-0 MEAC) takes on Delaware State (10-11, 5-2 MEAC) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The last time NSU started the season 14-10 was 2007.
- The win over Morgan State extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 8 games.
- The Spartans have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Norfolk State is 30-26 in close games.
- Norfolk State has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 43.9% or better.
- The Spartans have won 83% of the time this season (10-2) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- NSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- NSU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4% three-point percentage.
- This season Norfolk State has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Jamel Fuentes plays 30 minutes or more.
- The Spartans have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- Norfolk State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Pendarvis Williams accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Pendarvis Williams's career.
- Pendarvis Williams has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcom Hawkins had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Rob Johnson had a career high with 6 assists.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Brandon Goode.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The Bears have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Morgan State is 31-36 in close games.
- This loss extended the Bears losing streak to 3 games.
- DeWayne Jackson accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Hubbard and Tauron Bailey) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- DeWayne Jackson has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Anthony Hubbard has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Justin Black has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hubbard recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Hubbard has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hubbard recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
|-||K. Lila-St. Rose||4||2||1||0||0||0||0|