(8-13, 4-9 away)
Coppin State 53
(5-19, 2-7 home)
Venue: Coppin Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 04, 2013
||D Powers 14
||D Maxwell 12
||D Powers 5
||A Armstrong 15
||M Murray 12
||P Cole 2
On Monday, February 4th, Coppin State shot just 27% from the field and lost at home against Hampton 59-53 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Michael Murray earned a double-double for the Eagles including 10 points and 12 rebounds. Taariq Cephas had 12 points and added three rebounds. For the Pirates, Wesley Dunning finished with nine points and seven rebounds. Coppin State (5-19, 2-7 MEAC) gets Morgan State (6-13, 3-5 MEAC) on their home court on Saturday, February 9th.
Coppin State Game Notes
- The last time CSU started the season 5-19 was 2007.
- Coppin State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 53 or fewer total points.
- The Eagles have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 20.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.4% or better this season, Coppin State has lost 100% of the time (0-13).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Coppin State has lost 89% of the time (2-16).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Coppin State has lost 88% of the time (2-15).
- CSU set season lows for assists (6), field goals made (14), and steals (2).
- The Eagles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Coppin State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 6th loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--CSU has a -2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Andre Armstrong and Taariq Cephas) accounted for 50.9% of the points.
- Michael Murray accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Andre Armstrong has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 24 games this season.
- Michael Murray has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 24 games this season.
- Andre Armstrong has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Murray recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Murray recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 9th of his career.
- Michael Murray had a career high with 7 offensive rebounds.
Hampton Game Notes
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- The top two scorers (Deron Powers and Du`Vaughn Maxwell) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Deron Powers has led the team in scoring 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.
- Du`Vaughn Maxwell set career highs with 12 rebounds and 7 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Emmanuel Okoroba.