Loyola (Chicago) let one slip to Wright State 62-59 in conference play on Monday, February 4th. Loyola (Chicago) held a 34-22 lead at the half, but Wright State fought back in the second half and got the win. The Ramblers stay winless against Wright State this season at 0-2. The Ramblers got 10 points from Cully Payne in minutes. Christian Thomas had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Cole Darling finished with a game-high 17 points and six rebounds for the Raiders. Loyola (Chicago) (13-10, 3-7 Horizon) travels to Youngstown State (13-9, 5-4 Horizon) on Thursday, February 7th.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) started 13-10 during the 2010, 2009, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- LCU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Ramblers have beaten the spread.
- The Ramblers have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) is 25-23 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.2% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.9% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- The Ramblers set season highs for three-point percentage (0.625) and turnovers (24).
- The last time LCU had a three-point percentage of 62.5% or higher was Jan 10, 2009 against Youngstown State.
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Ramblers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Christian Thomas and Devon Turk) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Thomas and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (26).
- Christian Thomas has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 9 times in 23 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Ben Averkamp.
- Christian Thomas has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Wright State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cole Darling and Jerran Young) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cole Darling and Matt Vest) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (25).
- Cole Darling has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Kendall Griffin set a career high with 7 assists.
- Cole Darling has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cole Darling set a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jerran Young.