Loyola (IL) 59
(13-10, 6-5 away)
Wright State 62
(15-8, 9-3 home)
Venue: Nutter Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||C Thomas 13
||C Thomas 8
||C Payne 5
||C Darling 17
||C Darling 6
||K Griffin 7
Wright State just barely beat Loyola (Chicago) 62-59 in Horizon play on Monday, February 4th. It looked like this one could get ugly, with Loyola (Chicago) up 34-22 at the half, but Wright State was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. With the win, the Raiders stay unbeaten against Loyola (Chicago) this season at 2-0. Cole Darling guided the Raiders and put up a game-high 17 points and six rebounds. Kendall Griffin also had a solid game, scoring eight points and adding seven assists. For the Ramblers, Cully Payne got 10 points. Wright State (15-7, 6-4 Horizon) heads to Green Bay (12-11, 6-4 Horizon) on Thursday, February 7th.
Wright State Game Notes
- Wright State started 15-8 during the 2009 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The Raiders have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Wright State is 36-26 in close games.
- Wright State has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 44.9% or better.
- The Raiders have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 14 or more assists.
- WSU has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) when opponents record 3 or fewer blocks.
- This season Wright State has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Cole Darling has 17 points or more.
- The Raiders have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Wright State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Raiders came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--WSU has a 8.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cole Darling and Jerran Young) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cole Darling and Matt Vest) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (25).
- Cole Darling has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Kendall Griffin had a career high with 7 assists.
- Cole Darling has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cole Darling had a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jerran Young.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- The Ramblers have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) is 25-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Thomas and Devon Turk) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Thomas and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (26).
- Christian Thomas has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 9 times in 23 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Ben Averkamp.
- Christian Thomas has 8 straight double-digit point games.