George Mason 85
(14-9, 7-6 away)
Old Dominion 74
(2-20, 2-12 home)
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||J Arledge 21
||S Wright 9
||B Allen 8
||D Painter 14
||N Wright 6
||K Palmore 6
Old Dominion got beat at home by George Mason 85-74 in conference play on Monday, February 4th. The Monarchs stay winless against George Mason this season at 0-2. The Monarchs were led by Aaron Bacote, who put up 12 points and six assists. Richard Ross also put in a solid contribution, scoring 13 points and adding four rebounds. For the Patriots, Jonathan Arledge finished with a career-high 21 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Old Dominion (2-20, 0-10 CAA) travels to Drexel (9-13, 5-5 CAA).
Old Dominion Game Notes
- Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time this season (0-12) after recording 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Monarchs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after having a three-point percentage of 26.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Monarchs set season highs for blocks (9) and total points (74).
- The last time ODU recorded at least 74 total points was Mar 03, 2012 against Delaware.
- ODU set a season low for rebounds (26).
- Old Dominion has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--ODU has a -7.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (DeShawn Painter and Nick Wright) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Richard Ross has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Ross had a career high with 5 blocks.
- DeShawn Painter has 3 straight double-digit point games.
George Mason Game Notes
- Bryon Allen recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two rebounders (Sherrod Wright and Jonathan Arledge) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Sherrod Wright has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jonathan Arledge's career.
- Jonathan Arledge has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Sherrod Wright set a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- Erik Copes set a career high with 10 points.
- Corey Edwards set a career high with 3 three-pointers.