On a night when the Cyclones scored 33 points from three-point territory, Oklahoma was trounced by Iowa State 83-64 in conference play. Andrew Fitzgerald put up a team-high 12 points and seven rebounds in the Sooners loss. Cameron Clark had 10 points and added two rebounds. For the Cyclones, Will Clyburn finished with a game-high 19 points and five rebounds. Next up for Oklahoma (14-7, 5-4 Big 12) is fifth-ranked Kansas (18-2, 7-1 Big 12) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:31 left to go.
- Oklahoma started 14-7 during the 1998 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Oklahoma has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 9 or fewer free throws made.
- The Sooners have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.7% or better this season, Oklahoma has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Oklahoma has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- OU set season lows for three-point percentage (0.188) and turnovers (9).
- Oklahoma has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (26).
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Andrew Fitzgerald.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Will Clyburn has 10 straight double-digit point games.