Iowa State scored 33 points from behind the arc and won big against Oklahoma 83-64 in Big 12 action on Monday, February 4th. Will Clyburn played brilliantly for the Cyclones and got a game-high 19 points and five rebounds. Melvin Ejim also had a good outing, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. Andrew Fitzgerald finished with a team-high 12 points and seven rebounds for the Sooners. Iowa State (16-6, 6-3 Big 12) takes on 13th-ranked Kansas State (16-4, 5-2 Big 12) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:31 left to go.
- The last time ISU started the season 16-6 was 2011.
- ISU beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- The Cyclones have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- Iowa State has won every game this season (6-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Iowa State has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.7% or better.
- ISU has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.6% field goal percentage.
- ISU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Iowa State has won 73% of the time (11-4) when Tyrus McGee has 11 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Melvin Ejim has 4 field goals made or more, and 90% of the time (9-1) when Will Clyburn has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Cyclones have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--ISU has a 19.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Will Clyburn has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (26).
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Andrew Fitzgerald.