(14-10, 8-7 away)
(6-17, 4-8 home)
Venue: Times Union Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||D Needham 18
||C Nickerson 6
||D Wade 7
||O Anosike 15
||O Anosike 8
||O Anosike 4
On Monday, February 4th, Fairfield took on Siena and got a win on the road against the Saints 64-54 in conference action. The Stags were led by Derek Needham, who put up a game-high 18 points plus two rebounds. Desmond Wade also had a decent outing, scoring seven points and adding seven assists. For the Saints, O.D Anosike got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Fairfield (14-10, 6-6 MAAC) welcomes St. Peter's (7-15, 2-10 MAAC).
Fairfield Game Notes
- The last time Fairfield started the season 14-10 was 2011.
- The win over Siena extended the Fairfield winning streak to 4 games.
- Fairfield beat the spread by 2 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Stags have beaten the spread.
- Fairfield has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- The Stags have won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after recording 8 or more steals.
- Fairfield has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- Fairfield has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Fairfield has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Amadou Sidibe has 10 points or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Maurice Barrow has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Stags have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Derek Needham and Maurice Barrow) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Derek Needham has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 24 games this season.
- Amadou Sidibe has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- Derek Needham has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Maurice Barrow has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Siena Game Notes
- The top two scorers (O.D Anosike and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (O.D Anosike and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 22 times in 23 games this season.
- Trenity Burdine has 4 straight double-digit point games.