On Monday, February 4th, South Carolina State took on Howard and was clipped by the Bison 57-45 in conference play. Darryl Palmer put up a team-high 11 points plus five rebounds in the Bulldogs loss. Matthew Hezekiah scored eight points and added seven rebounds. Prince Okoroh registered a double-double for the Bison on a game-high 17 points and 10 rebounds. South Carolina State (4-17, 0-7 MEAC) gets Savannah State (12-9, 6-1 MEAC) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The last time SCSU started the season 4-17 was 2011.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 29.6% or worse.
- South Carolina State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 2 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, South Carolina State has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, South Carolina State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, South Carolina State has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- SCSU set season lows for blocks (1), field goals made (16), steals (1), and turnovers (9).
- South Carolina State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Darryl Palmer and Shaquille Mitchell) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- Darryl Palmer has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Matthew Hezekiah has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Darryl Palmer has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Howard Game Notes
- Anton Dickerson recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Prince Okoroh and Mike Phillips) accounted for 57.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Prince Okoroh and Mike Phillips) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Prince Okoroh has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Prince Okoroh recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Prince Okoroh.
- Prince Okoroh recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Prince Okoroh set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Tre Lee set a career high with 7 assists.