(25) Notre Dame 47
(18-5, 4-3 away)
(9) Syracuse 63
(19-3, 14-0 home)
Venue: Carrier Dome
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 04, 2013
||J Grant 15
||J Cooley 11
||J Grant 5
||C Fair 18
||C Fair 10
||M Carter-Williams 8
On Monday, February 4th, No. 25 Notre Dame took on No. 9 Syracuse and was easily defeated by the Orange 63-47 in conference play. The Fighting Irish fall to 2-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Jack Cooley earned a double-double in the loss with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Jerian Grant got a team-high 15 points and added five assists. C.J. Fair registered a double-double for the Orange on a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Notre Dame (18-5, 6-4 Big East) gets 11th-ranked Louisville (18-4, 6-3 Big East) on their home court on Saturday, February 9th.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Notre Dame started 18-5 during the 2007 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, ND played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 24-27.
- When the opposition records 7 or more blocks this season, Notre Dame has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.9% or better this season, Notre Dame has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- ND set season lows for field goal percentage (0.346) and total points (47).
- Jerian Grant accounted for 31.9% of the team's points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 39.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerian Grant has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 23 games this season.
- Jack Cooley recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Cooley has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 5 straight games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 28th of his career.
- Jerian Grant has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The top two scorers (C.J. Fair and Jerami Grant) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- C.J. Fair accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- C.J. Fair recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Fair has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 9th of his career.
- Rakeem Christmas set a career high with 6 field goals made.