|Central Michigan||K Randall 16.9||J Simons 5.0||C Fowler 5.1|
|Akron||Z Marshall 13.0||D Treadwell 7.7||A Abreu 6.0|
Akron hosts Central Michigan at James A. Rhodes Arena on Tuesday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on SportsTime Ohio. The Zips are 4-0 against the Chippewas over the last four years. They won 74-64 on 1/28/2012 the last time they played.
Central Michigan is in 11th place in the conference and Akron is in 1st place.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and 9 assists from Alex Abreu, the Zips defeated Ohio 86-72 on February 2nd. He is averaging 9.9 points per game while also contributing a team-high 6.0 assists per game. For the Chippewas, Kyle Randall finished with 20 points in the 70-61 loss to Miami (OH) on February 2nd. His 16.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Akron has a statistical advantage over Central Michigan in one significant area, scoring, where the Zips have an edge over the Chippewas, 75 points per game to 66 points per game.
Central Michigan StatSmack
- Alex Abreu is ranked 29th nationally in assists.
- We just win. Akron has more wins over the last 5 years than Central Michigan (133 vs 71).
- Akron has a more potent offense, scoring more points (75.3 per game vs 66.8 per game) than Central Michigan this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Akron has a stronger schedule than Central Michigan this season (SOS Rank: #158 vs #226).
- Akron waxed Central Michigan by 10 points the last time they played (Jan 28, 2012).
- We make our fans proud. Akron has a better record at home than Central Michigan this season (11-0 vs 5-4).
- Zeke Marshall is ranked 9th in the MAC in points, 6th in the MAC in rebounds, and 6th nationally in blocks.
- You get an A for effort, but Akron has emerged victorious against Central Michigan the last 5 times they've played.
- Akron is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Akron is 78.8 inches compared to 75.2 inches for Central Michigan.
- Akron players are more experienced than Central Michigan players (12,719 minutes played vs 6,766 minutes played).
- Akron is a better shooting team (46.5% vs 39.8%) than Central Michigan this season.
|D+||D. Richardson Jr.||18||5||3||1||1||0||1|