|Kansas State||R McGruder 14.5||T Gipson 5.5||A Rodriguez 4.9|
|Texas Tech||J Crockett 12.7||J Crockett 7.6||J Gray 2.7|
Texas Tech plays host to No. 18 Kansas State at United Spirit Arena on Tuesday. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network or MASN. The Red Raiders are 0-5 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 65-46 on 2/7/2012, the last time they met.
Texas Tech is in 8th place in the Big 12, Kansas State is in 2nd place.
In spite of 14 points from Ty Nurse, the Red Raiders came up short 77-61 against West Virginia on February 2nd. In addition to his 1.8 points per game, he is also chipping in 0.8 assists per game. For the Wildcats, Will Spradling put up 12 points in the 52-50 win over Oklahoma on February 2nd. He contributes 3.0 assists per game in addition to his 8.5 points per game.
Kansas State has an edge in a single key statistical category, assists, where the Wildcats have the upper hand over the Red Raiders, 16 per game to 10 per game. Areas of strength for Kansas State include: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.7 and turnover percentage at 18.2.
Kansas State StatSmack
- The Texas Tech steals leader (Josh Gray) has more steals than the Kansas State steals leader (Angel Rodriguez).
- At least you keep showing up. Texas Tech has an average margin of victory of 10 over Kansas State in 11 wins since 1985.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Texas Tech has come back to win after being down at half against Kansas State 3 times since 1997.
- Josh Gray is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in steals.
- Jaye Crockett is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- The Texas Tech rebounding leader (Jaye Crockett) has more rebounds than the Kansas State rebounding leader (Thomas Gipson).
- Jordan Tolbert is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Dejan Kravic is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in blocks.
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||20||5||2||2||0||0||1|