|Wichita State||C Early 15.0||C Hall 7.6||M Armstead 3.9|
|Southern Illinois||D Jackson 16.1||J Early 7.7||K Brown-Surles 2.4|
On Tuesday, Southern Illinois welcomes Wichita State at SIU Arena. Tip-off occurs at 8:05 EST and you can catch it on KS22. The Salukis fell to the Shockers 82-76 on January 9th and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Wichita State is in 2nd place in the conference and Southern Illinois is in 10th place.
In their last match-up, Desmar Jackson finished with 14 points in the Salukis 83-47 loss against Illinois State on February 2nd. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 16.1 points per game and 2.0 steals per game. For the Shockers, Carl Hall put up 20 points and 5 rebounds in the 57-52 loss to Northern Iowa on February 2nd. He averages 12.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.6 rebounds per game.
Wichita State has a statistical edge over Southern Illinois in one specific area, rebounding, where the Shockers have the upper hand over the Salukis, 38 per game to 30 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Wichita State is strong in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.3 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.5.
Wichita State StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Southern Illinois has come back to win after being down at half against Wichita State 5 times since 1998.
- Southern Illinois has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (57.84% to 54.42%).
- Southern Illinois takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Wichita State (5 vs 2).
- The Southern Illinois rebounding leader (Jeff Early) has more rebounds than the Wichita State rebounding leader (Cleanthony Early).
- Dantiel Daniels is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Illinois has an average margin of victory of 10 over Wichita State in 36 wins since 1980.
- Carbondale isn't as congested as Wichita (population is significantly lower).
- Desmar Jackson is ranked 4th in the Missouri Valley in points, 9th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds, and 45th nationally in steals.
- Southern Illinois players are more experienced than Wichita State players (11,707 minutes played vs 9,909 minutes played).
- The Southern Illinois scoring leader (Desmar Jackson) has more points than the Wichita State scoring leader (Cleanthony Early).
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||15||3||2||2||1||0||1|
|C||A. Beane Jr.||31||10||2||2||1||0||2|