|Missouri State||A Downing 14.2||K Pickens 4.5||A Downing 2.8|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.4||J Koch 6.3||D Mitchell 3.4|
On Tuesday, Northern Iowa welcomes Missouri State at McLeod Center. The game gets underway at 8:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com. The Panthers are 6-2 against the Bears over the last four years. They lost 63-51 the last time they played (1/28/2012).
Both teams share 5th place in the conference.
The Panthers got past Wichita State 57-52 on February 2nd with the help of 16 points from Anthony James. His 12.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Bears, Keith Pickens finished with 7 points and 6 rebounds in the 62-61 win over Evansville on February 2nd. With 4.5 rebounds per game and 0.6 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Missouri State will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 16.9 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 20th in the country.
Missouri State StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Northern Iowa has come back to win after being down at half against Missouri State 4 times since 2004.
- Northern Iowa takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Missouri State (5 vs 0).
- The Northern Iowa assist leader (Deon Mitchell) has more assists than the Missouri State assist leader (Anthony Downing).
- Deon Mitchell is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- Northern Iowa players are more experienced than Missouri State players (14,976 minutes played vs 8,499 minutes played).
- We just win. Northern Iowa has more wins over the last 5 years than Missouri State (123 vs 101).
- Jake Koch is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds and 5th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- Even computers respect Northern Iowa more. We have a better RPI this season than Missouri State (RPI: #90 vs #202).
- The Northern Iowa rebounding leader (Jake Koch) has more rebounds than the Missouri State rebounding leader (Anthony Downing).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northern Iowa currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (970 to 902) than Missouri State, per the NCAA.
- Seth Tuttle is ranked 8th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds.