Florida vs. Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|Florida||K Boynton 13.4||P Young 6.8||S Wilbekin 5.1|
|Arkansas||B Young 16.7||M Powell 5.6||B Young 4.0|
No. 4 Florida travels to Bud Walton Arena on Tuesday to take on Arkansas. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Gators are 5-0 against the Razorbacks over the last four years. They won 98-68 on 2/18/2012 the last time they played.
Florida is currently in 1st place in the SEC and Arkansas is in 6th.
In their last outing, behind 19 points and 6 rebounds from Erik Murphy, the Gators defeated Ole Miss 78-64 on February 2nd. He is putting up 12.9 points per game while also averaging 4.6 rebounds per game. For the Razorbacks, B.J. Young put up 25 points in the 73-60 win over Tennessee on February 2nd. With 16.7 points per game and 4.0 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Arkansas is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.2, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 12th nationally).
- Florida embarrassed Arkansas by 30 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- Florida has a better conference record than Arkansas this season (7-0 vs 3-4).
- The Florida assist leader (Scottie Wilbekin) has more assists than the Arkansas assist leader (B.J. Young).
- Be afraid. Florida has blown out more teams than Arkansas this season (12 blowouts vs 7).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Florida is superior to Arkansas (Latest AP Poll: #4 vs Not Ranked).
- Erik Murphy is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- The only thing that matters. Florida has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Arkansas (2 vs 0).
- Florida has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Arkansas ($15,932 vs $20,171).
- Florida has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (42% vs 56%).
- Florida allows fewer rebounds (27.5 allowed per game vs 37.9 allowed per game) than Arkansas this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Florida has a stronger schedule than Arkansas this season (SOS Rank: #15 vs #82).
|C||M. Frazier II||18||6||3||1||1||0||1|